Sunday 30 March 2008

Something for me




I'm always making things and swapping out (which i love ...but) i decided it was time to make something random for Paula. My OH bought me a boxed mug from my wee one on mothers day and the box was all pink and girly and he asked what i'd put in it (i throw nothing away, he knows me so well). So I decided to make this :) Not what he was expecting i dont think!! Its only part done and has a long way to go, but i quite like so far. Its simply a box of Paula. I've played about a bit with image transfer, albeit unsuccessfully (hence the acrylic paint job in the top right corner). Having fun anyway ..... updates to follow .........

2 comments:

My name is Cindy said...

Ooh, very arty farty - I think your image transfers look great, they will always be paler than the original (I think) and more of a washed out effect. The trick (I think!) is to know when to stop rubbing, I have managed to rub a couple completely off. How about I send you one and you send me one so we can see what the other is doing in the flesh? Will pm you about other stuff later. Hugsx

My name is Cindy said...

Me again. Meant to say I know what you mean about making something for yourself - I really love swapping (well you get thank you's that way lol) but sometimes you want to keep things. Mind you, don't know where I'd put it all! I couldn't put something I'd made in a folder.