Well I think I might just love the vintage look now. As a rule I dont like to work with images or vintage or collage, so this has all of those!! And I'm really pleased with the result. In fact I might keep it lol!! This is for Femmy for her theme of outdoors. I struggled to come up with an idea for AGES and had a rummage around trying to decide what to do. I found a few images I liked and then came up with this lot. The background is collaged and gessoed (a word?), then inked round the edges, a few bits of veneer type stuff for driftwood is on the bottom, the fella in the middle is an image stuck on card them triple embossed with a bit of distress ink to blend him in a little, the same for the Ocean sign on the bottom right. The rope is string knotted around rusty old washer type things from the toolbox and then the string was distress inked in brown and green for rust and seaweed. I do hope Femmy doesnt mind a bit of dimension in her page, but flats just too hard!
Tuesday, 24 June 2008
Well this is the first page i've made for the return. Scary! I really dont do collage or vintage often so I do hope its okay and Astrid likes it. I had fun making it. The background is collaged and then overpainted with gesso and sanded. There are more paper overlays, mainly textured paper with a coloured core so I could sand a embossed image from it (although its pretty much covered up now). There is the acetate little girl, I didnt really want her shiny but I wanted all the text and bits to show through and I'm rubbish at image transfer so went for the safer option. There are little nursery rhymns around in there too, lace, brads, distress ink, flowers, german scrap, charms and im sure some more. Fingers crosssed Astrid likes it ok!
Sunday, 22 June 2008
I almost left it too late to make my atcs for the Sculptured Head swap on DC but I managed to get a bit of time here and there the past two days. I originally planned on moulding my heads from scratch but time didnt let me do that, so instead I used moulds and added some bits to make them different ... I hope! Medusa is made from a mould I made from one of my mums ornaments and I added clay snakes. Theres red and green gems for eyes, acrylic paint, metallic rub-ons, encaustic wax and utee background. Some ink and stamping and its done. Garden guy was pretty much along the same lines. These photos are awful, I just cant use a camera at all. In real life they look more textured and more colourful.
Tuesday, 10 June 2008
The very lovely Sian on the DC forum is hosting a Mesh swap which requires you to use mesh on your atc. So here are my efforts for this one.
This one is called In the Pink. The background is two atc sized pieces of acetate, both of which have been alcohol inked, then the mesh was sandwiched between the acetate sheets. The tile on the front is stampboard.
This one is called Mesh it up. It has lots of UTEE'd bits and acetate and alcohol inks and wire, beads and forgot what else :)
This one is called Man. He is sitting on a meshed, embossed and inked background and the Man himself is a debossed copper bit, i've never been very good at this but i quite like it. Its been inked and messed up a bit. He was a bit shiny before.
There is another one but I have to go now or i'll be late for the challenge!!
Monday, 9 June 2008
Friday, 6 June 2008
Well hopefully this is second time lucky!! Its almost finished just a bit or two to finish off once its completely dry, but was photographing so did this before it was done. This one is encaustic waxed, UTEE'd tissue papered, clayed, acrylic painted and wax ruboned. I think i like this one :)
Wednesday, 4 June 2008
Well I have decided that i definately dont like, thanks to everyone who commented i appreciate it. I will keep it cos i can't deface something with Becca on it, but I definately don't like it lol. I've started number 2 and it drying out before a paint job ..... fingers crossed I like this one, times running out!!!
I'm taking part with another 11 ladies in a round robin journal. This is maybe going to be my page. My theme is 'imagine'. This is not how i imagined this to look :$ The irony! I just dont know if i like it or not, so if anyone has a look please be honest. The page is 6"x6" mountboard. The sky is make of torn textured paper and overpainted with acrylic paints. The water is (or was) crackle paints which i didnt like to i overpainted that with acrylics, irridecent paints and wax rub ons. The rays from the bottom corner were done using a dry bruch technique with acrylics, put a couple of dragonflies in there and painted over again to hide them a little. The ladies face is just an image i found and then painted over and drew all over the top with metallic markers and pencils. The little flyer is my angels face (the picture didnt take so well) stuck onto grungeboard wings and her crown is because she is a princess :) Some metal magic around the edges and a tag finished it off. I just dont know :(